Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Procedures
Mitch and Mary Kiel, Registered Piano Technicians, The Piano Technicians Guild
Last updated November 27, 2020
The Piano Works is committed to the health and safety of our customers, ourselves, and our community. In response to COVID-19, we have developed a protocol based on CDC and State of Minnesota guidelines.
What The Piano Works will do
- We will take our temperature every morning before leaving for work.
- If we are sick or have symptoms, we will stay home and contact you to reschedule.
- We will follow CDC guidelines for covering coughs/sneezes, washing hands, and social distancing.
- We will maintain a strict procedure for sanitizing our tools and vehicles.
When Scheduling your Appointment
- We will discuss the safety procedures we will use during your service call.
- We will ask you to verify that, within the previous two weeks, nobody in your household has been sick with a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms; has been diagnosed with COVID-19; or has traveled outside the US.
- Contact us to reschedule if anyone in your household develops any of these symptoms or returns from travel outside the US before your scheduled appointment.
The day of your appointment – our current “No-Contact” procedure
- Prior to our arrival, please remove all objects on your piano, including music books, lamps, and vases, and secure any pets that might roam around during the appointment.
- We will contact you when we arrive to ask you to unlock your door so we can let ourselves in.
- We will clean our hands with hand sanitizer before entering your home and several times while working on your piano.
- We will wear a face mask during your appointment. We request that you do the same when answering the door and any time you need to be in the same room with us.
- Before and after working on your piano, we will disinfect your piano keys and any tools we may use.
- We will observe social distancing guidelines while in your home and request that you and others do the same, including staying in a separate room if possible.
- During your appointment, feel free to open doors or windows to improve air circulation.
- Payment by check is still fine, but we can also create invoices and accept payments using procedures that eliminate direct physical contact.